|Alabama House of Representatives District 83|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Commissioner, Lee County|
|Birthday||February 7, 1945|
Bandy is a pastor at Saint James Missionary Baptist Church. He is also the chair of the Alabama Democratic Conference, and has previously served as commissioner of Lee County and president pro-tempore of the Opelika City Council.
Bandy served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Government Services (County and Municipal Government)
- Lee County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Transportation, Utilities and Infrastructure Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Utilities
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent George Bandy will face Ronnie Reed in the Democratic primary. Gary Head is unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 83 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|George Bandy (D)||1,980|
|Ronnie Reed (D)||1,446|
Bandy raised $30,350 for his campaign.
In 2010, Bandy raised $33,584 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Environmental Campaign Fund||$10,000|
|Oliver Robinson Jr Campaign||$2,000|
|Alabama State Employees Association||$2,000|
In 2006, Bandy collected $30,350 in donations.
Below are Bandy's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$5,000|
|Milton E McGregor||$3,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$1,500|
Bandy has two children.
Bandy is the president of Lee County Alliance and Lee County Concerned Citizens. He is a member of the Lee County Voters League and National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term George + Bandy + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - George Bandy
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Democratic primary results and runoff candidates
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bandy
|Alabama House District 83
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|