|Delaware State Senate District 20|
|1996 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Place of birth||Salisbury, MD|
|Profession||State Farm Insurance Agency|
Bunting attended the University of Delaware.
Bunting also works as a State Farms Insurance Agent.
Before becoming a state senator, Bunting was a member of the Delaware House of Representatives from 1982 to 1984 and then from 1986 to 1996.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bunting served on these committees:
- Adult & Juvenile Corrections
- Agriculture Chair
- Labor & Industrial Relations
- Natural Resources & Environmental Control
- Small Business
- Sunset Chair
- Veterans Affairs Chair
- Joint Committee on Capital Improvement
- Joint Sunset Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Bunting served on these committees:
- Adult & Juvenile Correction.
- Veterans Affairs.
- Small Business.
- Labor & Industrial Relations.
- Natural Resources & Environmental Control.
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2012
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2010
|Delaware State Senate District 20 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||George Bunting Incumbent||100%||13,119|
Bunting defeated Perry J. Mitchell in the September 14 primary by a margin of 1,858-499.
|Delaware State Senate District 20 General Election Democratic Primary, 2010|
|George Bunting Incumbent||78.8%||1,858|
|Perry J. Mitchell||21.2%||499|
On November 7, 2006, Bunting won re-election to the Delaware State Senate from Delaware's 20th Senate District. Bunting ran unopposed and received 11,960 votes. Bunting raised $12,250 for his campaign in 2006.
|Delaware State Senate, District 20 (2006)|
|George Bunting (D)||11,960||100.0%|
|Delaware State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to George Bunting's campaign in 2010|
|Bunting Jr, George H||$11,500|
|House Republican Campaign Of Delaware||$600|
|Wilmington Trust Co||$600|
|Delaware Association Of Realtors||$600|
|Senate Democratic Victory PAC||$600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$19,982|
In 2006, Bunting collected $12,250 in contributions. The eight largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|George H. Bunting Jr.||$5,000|
|Wilmington Trust Corporation||$700|
|Thomas Sharp Campaign Committee||$600|
|Delaware State Dental Society||$600|
|Home Builders' Association of Delaware||$600|
|Sussex County Women's Democratic Club||$600|
|Delaware Chiropractic Society||$600|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term George + Bunting + Delaware + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Bunting represents Delaware Senate District 20, which covers the Bethany Beach area.
George is married to Donna Bunting.
- Official Delaware State Senate website of Senator George Bunting
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator George Bunting
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Delaware Senate Committee Assignments
- Delaware Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Department of Elections, "Official Primary Results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2010 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2006 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- District 20 Delaware Senate candidate funds, 2006
- 2006 contributions to George Bunting
|Delaware Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|
Gerald Hocker (R)