|Former candidate for|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 42|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of New Hampshire, 1982|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
After growing up in a military family on a military base, Ferriter joined the United States Air Force. He served active duty from 1971 to 1979 as a weather observer and weather forecaster. He then served in the United States Air Force Reserve and National Guard from 1979 to 1997.
In 1982, Ferriter earned his B.S. in mechanical engineering from the University of New Hampshire.
Professionally, Ferriter has worked as a mechanical engineer since 1983.
Ferriter's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Defending Public Education and Rural Schools
- Excerpt: "As Representative for District 42, I will work tirelessly to uphold and defend our local and rural schools, through funding, supporting our teachers, and by pushing back against the encroachment of privatization."
Fighting for Family Supporting Jobs and Fair Wages
- Excerpt: "In District 42, we benefit from a great location, hard workers, and access to both commercial and educational centers. A missing ingredient is that vision of Wisconsin as a forward-looking and dynamic place with a commitment to creating a future that benefits all. That vision is our Wisconsin, and is our magnet. We must restore that. When we demonstrate once again that Wisconsin is the best place to be for families and businesses, solid growth will start."
Demanding Local Control for the Public Good
- Excerpt: "Our town, village and county boards are the elected authorities best suited to make decisions for the areas they represent."
Working to Preserve and Sustain Natural Resources
- Excerpt: "As your 42nd Assembly District representative, I will seek to repeal legislation that has gutted mining regulation and wetlands protection, and will always act to protect, defend, and restore our waters – both above and below ground. Private gain must not be the sole measure of decisions on water, air, and resource use. The only true measure of good environmental policy is this: How do we preserve and protect Wisconsin’s natural assets for our children and grandchildren?"
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. George Ferriter was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Keith Ripp was unopposed in the Republican primary. Ferriter and Ripp faced off in the general election. Steve Gulasky (D) and Donn Garves (I) were removed from the ballot before the primary. Incumbent Ripp defeated Ferriter in the general election, and was re-elected for another term.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 42 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Keith Ripp Incumbent||57.5%||14,238|
In 2014, Ferriter's endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "George + Ferriter + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- George Ferriter on Facebook
- George Ferriter on Twitter
- Candidate Interview on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on September 15, 2014
- Ferriter for Wisconsin, "Topics," accessed October 27, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
- Ferriter for Wisconsin, "Endorsements," accessed October 27, 2014
- Ferriter 4 Wisconsin, "Meet George Ferriter," accessed September 15, 2014
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |