George Flinn Jr.
|George Flinn Jr.|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Tennessee, District 9|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi|
|M.D.||University of Tennessee medical school|
According to Flinn's website, his campaign themes included:
- Jobs: "Congress must do more to make the United States the most desirable nation in the world for business."
- Taxes: "We must rollback out of control spending and borrowing. Big government is not the answer to our problems."
- Healthcare: "I support common sense solutions like being able to take your policy across state lines, allowing you to keep your insurance if you lose or change jobs, lawsuit abuse reform that stops greedy trial lawyers from driving up basic health care costs and stop insurance companies from discriminating against patients with pre-existing conditions."
Flinn was defeated by incumbent Steve Cohen. Flinn ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Tennessee's 9th District. Flinn defeated Charlotte Bergmann, Ernest Lunati and Rollin Wilson Stooksberry in the August 2, 2012, Republican primary. He faced incumbent Steve Cohen (D), Gregory Joiner (I) and Brian Saulsberry (I) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 9 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Steve Cohen Incumbent||75.1%||188,422|
|Republican||George Flinn Jr.||23.8%||59,742|
|Source: Tennessee Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 9 Republican Primary, 2012|
|George Flinn Jr||63.9%||11,748|
|Rollin Wilson Stooksberry||10.1%||1,858|
"George Flinn for Congress"
"Healing Our Economy"
On July 5, 2012, Flinn released a new 30-second ad.
On July 20, 2012, Flinn released a new 30-second ad titled "Healing Our Economy."
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 9, 2012 - George Flinn Jr. Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$831,886|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$820,327|
|Top contributors to George Flinn Jr.'s campaign committee|
|American College of Radiology||$20,000|
|Memphis Dermatology Group||$2,500|
|American Medical Assn||$2,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Public Sector Unions||$34,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "George + Flinn Jr + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee's 9th Congressional District
- Tennessee's 9th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives