|North Carolina House of Representatives District 12|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Fayetteville State University|
|Master's||North Carolina State University|
Graham received a B.S. in Elementary Education from Fayetteville State University in 1971. He later received a M.E. in Adult and Community College Education from North Carolina Sate University in 1975. He was an administrative assistant, resource development officer and Director of Adult Basic Education at Lenoir Community College before retirement. Graham has also been a member of the Lenoir County Board of Commissioners since 1982.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Graham served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• State Personnel|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent George Graham was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Graham ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 12. He replaced incumbent William L. Wainwright on the general election ballot after Wainwright passed away on July 17, 2012. He defeated Jim Dancy (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 12, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Graham is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Graham raised a total of $31,904 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|George Graham's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 12||$31,904|
|Grand Total Raised||$31,904|
2012Graham won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Graham raised a total of $31,904.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to George Graham's campaign in 2012|
|Harvey, C Felix||$4,000|
|Davenport, Chester C||$2,000|
|McNairy, Leigh H||$2,000|
|McNairy, John O||$2,000|
|North Carolina Advocates for Justice||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$31,904|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the North Carolina General Assembly was in session from January 9 to July 26. In 2014, the North Carolina General Assembly will be in session from May 14 through a date to be determined by the legislature.
- North Carolina League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environment and conservation issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Civitas Action: 2013 Full Rankings
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues and ideals.
- Environment North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key environmental issues.
- Environment North Carolina: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Democracy North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their votes on 20 bills picked by the organization that they consider the worst of the session.
- N.C. Values Coalition: 2014 Pro-family Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to pro-family and Biblical values.
- North Carolina Voters for Animal Welfare: 2014 Legislative Report Cards
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to animal welfare, sponsoring animal welfare bills, completing the NCVAW survey and responsiveness to animal advocates constituents.
Graham currently resides in Kinston, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "George + Graham + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Graham, George," accessed August 29, 2013
William L. Wainwright (D)
|North Carolina House - District 12
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |