|Pennsylvania Secretary of Agriculture|
|May 18, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||February 1, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Tom Corbett|
|High school||Linesville-Conneaut-Summit High School (1969)|
A native of Crawford County, PA, Greig was raised on a dairy and crop farm. He and his brother still farm together, growing and marketing corn and hay for feed. They also raise soybeans for biofuel. In addition to their farm in Pennsylvania, the pair also operates Dogwood Valley Recreation Center in Wadestown, West Virginia.
Greig sat on the Crawford County Farm Bureau for twelve years, serving eight years as president.
Greig is also currently a Conneaut Township Supervisor.
Greig lives with his wife, Christine, on their 650-acre family farm in Crawford County. They have six children and three grandchildren.
- Linesville-Conneaut-Summit High School
- Pennsylvania State University (attended)
- Edinboro University (attended)
Pennsylvania Secretary of Agriculture (2011-present)
Greig came to office as the Secretary of Agriculture after more than a decade of active involvement with the local, state, and national agriculture. He served for eight years as a member of the U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency State Committee, and is currently a state board member of the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau.
Comprehensive donor information for Greig is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Greig raised a total of $26,010 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 13, 2013.
|George Greig's Campaign Contribution History|
|2000||PA House of Representatives||$26,010|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,010|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "George + Greig + Pennsylvania + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Elizabethtown Fair Queen adds Pennsylvania Fair Queen title - Lancaster Newspapers
- Pennsylvania Agriculture Secretary Names Kristen Donmoyer as Dog Law Director - Sacramento Bee
- Dauphin County Teen to Reign as 2014 Pennsylvania Fair Queen - PR Newswire (press release)
- A rare breed of cattle in York County - York Daily Record
- Pennsylvania Agriculture Secretary Warns Low Temperatures Can Cause Cold ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Farm show opens with indoor barn, butter art - Allentown Morning Call
- Local winery places in top three - Lewistown Sentinel
- Two local women place at Farm Show - Lock Haven Express
- 5 things to know for Friday in Pennsylvania - The Mercury
- Troy school board learns of FFA students' success - Towanda Daily Review
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Campaign contributions: 2000
|Pennsylvania Secretary of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|