George M. Phillips
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 60|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Phillips' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Taxes & Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I will find ways to eliminate wasteful spending, work to lower taxes without raising others, and eliminate tax and spend policies that harm our children, our business owners, and our middle class so that we can make our district and state the best place to live, work, and raise a family."
- Excerpt: "A job is more than just a paycheck. It is an opportunity for people to meet their full potential, develop skills, and lead a life that provides for their families. Ohio’s economy is coming back, but more must be done to give small business owners the ability to expand their businesses and provide education and training which leads to job creation."
- Excerpt: "More than just creating jobs, Ohio needs to make sure it has a trained workforce that is ready to step in and fill the jobs that are currently available. We need to ensure that Ohio’s businesses and families stay here today and tomorrow. That’s why it is critical that Ohio’s job training and workforce-development programs meet the needs of our always-changing economy."
- Excerpt: "We must work hard to ensure that our institutions of higher learning are geared toward helping our residents attain skills that will help them excel and pursue the happiness they so rightly deserve."
- Excerpt: "Ohio’s teachers and school administrators work tirelessly to teach and develop our children—the leaders of tomorrow. Furthermore, decisions about educating kids are some of the most important decisions parents will ever make. Those decisions must remain at the local level—parents, teachers, school boards—the people who know the communities and families best."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent John Rogers was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while George M. Phillips was unopposed in the Republican primary. Rogers and Phillips will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "George + Phillips + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 60
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- George Phillips on Facebook
- George Phillips on Twitter
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |