Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 7|
Martinez ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 7th District. He sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket and faced 12th district incumbent Nydia Velazquez, Dan O'Connor and Erik Dilan in the June 26 Democratic primary. Velazquez won the primary.
Dilan and Velazquez were seen as the frontrunners. Martinez is a member of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and frequently delivers his messages in rap form. He is involved with an initiative called "Bum Rush the Vote." He says his experience with the Occupy movement inspired him to run, although he had previously been engaged in electoral politcs.
|U.S. House, New York District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Nydia Velazquez Incumbent||58%||16,011|
2012 congressional campaign
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "George + Martinez + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- 10 things billionaires won't tell you - NEWS.com.au
- Ron Paul Predicts Son Rand Will 'Probably' Run For President In 2016 - Huffington Post
- Top Democratic Recruit Who Launched Congressional Bid During Shutdown ... - Huffington Post
- 2013 in photos: a look back - Ct Post
- Rand Paul 'Seriously Thinking About' 2016 Presidential Run - Huffington Post
- Eli's Ole Miss sub making a name as QB guru - New York Daily News
- Books of the year - The Economist
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M - KTUL.com - Tulsa, Oklahoma ... - KTUL
- Ellsbury deal makes Seattle likely destination for Cano - New York Post
- The First Steps to the 2016 GOP Nomination - Wall Street Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |