|Former candidate for|
|Arizona House of Representatives District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||Last election = November 4, 2014|
Schnittgrund's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I’m a lifelong Roman Catholic who believes in the Sanctity of life. I was dumbfounded when the Supreme Court struck down Arizona’s 20 week ban on abortion. As a Catholic, I believe life begins at conception and the Supreme Court is sanctioning the murder of babies. I will protect the rights to life of the unborn and will write, sponsor and push Pro-life legislation."
Jobs Are #1
- Excerpt: "As a business owner George understands what it takes to create private sector jobs. Right here in Lake Havasu City we have empty commercial factories and this is repeated in Kingman, Bullhead City and Parker. We need to entice more businesses to come here to LaPaz and Mohave counties."
- Excerpt: "George thinks SB1070 was a good start but we have a lot more work to be done to secure the border. If we cannot secure the border and enforce the laws, we may become a NARCO state. As a border state, Arizonans see drug trafficking, human smuggling and various other crimes associated with crossing the border illegally."
- Excerpt: "This is why George supports a deep water port in Guaymas Mexico. This port will create a stable work environment for the people of Mexico and sets the stage for Arizona to become the global leader for overseas shipping. A stable economy in Mexico benefits everyone in Arizona and may decrease the number of people trying to cross our border illegally."
- Excerpt: "George is against the Common Core Standards."
- Excerpt: "I believe in the 2nd amendment and will do anything to strengthen our right to not only bear arms but also the ability to defend ourselves. As an NRA member I will work with the NRA to write, sponsor and support any legislation which strengthens your right to protect yourself and your family."
Elections for the office of Arizona House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 28, 2014. Joseph Longoria and Beth Weisser were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Sonny Borrelli and Regina Cobb defeated Jennifer Jones, Sam Medrano and George Schnittgrund in the Republican primary. Borrelli and Cobb defeated Longoria and Weisser in the general election.
Schnittgrund ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 5. He and Wyatt Brooks were defeated by incumbent Doris Goodale and Sonny Borrelli in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 5 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Doris Goodale Incumbent||43.4%||14,056|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "George + Schnittgrund + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Arizona House of Representatives
- Arizona House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- George Schnittgrund on Facebook
- George Schnittgrund on Twitter
- Arizona State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- George AZ House, "Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election," May 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary candidate list," accessed December 20, 2013
- [http://www.azsos.gov/election/2012/Primary/Canvass.pdf Arizona Secretary of State, " Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013]