|Vermont House Of Representatives, Chittenden 3|
|2009 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Associate Professor of Obstetrics/Gynecology|
Till earned his Bachelor's Degree from Haverford College in 1974. He then attended Post-Baccalaureate studies at Harvard University and Boston University. He went on to receive his MD from the University of Pennsylvania in 1981.
Till has served as Vice Chair of the Mount Mansfield Union School Board.
Till has worked as a Social Worker for the Philadelphia County Department of Public Assistance and for the Haverford State Psychiatric Hospital. From 1981 to 1985, he was an Obstetrics/Gynecology Resident at the University of California-San Francisco. He then worked as a Physician for the National Health Services Corps in St. Louis, Missouri from 1985 to 1988. He has worked for the University of Vermont as an Associate Professor of Obstetrics/Gynecology since 1988.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Till served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health Care|
|• Health Care Oversight|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Till served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health Care|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Till served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health Care|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-3 has two representatives. Incumbents George Till and William Frank are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Debbie Rackliff and Kyle Walker are unopposed in the Republican primary.
Till won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 3. Till was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 8 General Election (2010)|
|George Till (D)||2,970|
|William Frank (D)||2,824|
|Brad Holden (I)||1,537|
Comprehensive donor information for Till is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Till raised a total of $2,503 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|George Till's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-8||$1,838|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-8||$665|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,503|
2012Till won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Till raised a total of $1,838.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to George Till's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$1,838|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Till was up for re-election, he collected $665 in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Till voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Till and his wife, Ann Buchanan, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "George + Till + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Campaign website
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Till, George," accessed September 21, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013