|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$3,446,288|
|Length of term:||Serves at the pleasure of the State Depository Board|
|Authority:||Georgia Code, 50-5A-1|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the State Depository Board|
|Assumed office:||November 2011|
|Other Georgia Executive Offices|
|Governor•Lieutenant Governor•Secretary of State•Attorney General•Treasurer•Auditor•Superintendent of Schools•Agriculture Commissioner•Insurance Commissioner•Natural Resources Commissioner•Labor Commissioner•Public Service Commission|
The office of treasurer is established by state law.
Georgia Code, 50-5A-1
There is created the Office of the State Treasurer. The state treasurer shall be both appointed and removed by the State Depository Board and shall be in the unclassified service. The state treasurer shall hire the personnel for the office and shall supervise, direct, account for, organize, plan, and execute the functions vested in the office.
There are no particular qualifications required of Georgia treasurers.
The treasurer is appointed by the State Depository Board, a state agency composed of the governor, the insurance commissioner, the state accounting officer, the commissioner of banking and finance, the commissioner of transportation and, when the position is filled, the state treasurer himself.
The treasurer serves at the board's pleasure.
There are no term limits associated with the office of treasurer.
If a vacancy in the office occurs, the State Depository Board appoints a new officeholder.
The treasurer's office is responsible for the receipt and disbursement of state funds and lottery funds, management of the state's cash resources, Georgia Fund 1 and the Georgia Extended Asset Pool.
- Cash Management
- Georgia College Savings
- See also: Georgia state budget and finances
The budget for the Office of State Treasurer in Fiscal Year 2013 was $3,446,288.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
In 2010, the treasurer received a salary of $130,927.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Georgia Treasurer has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "Georgia State Treasurer McCoy."
- Some of the stories below may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
200 Piedmont Avenue
Suite 1202 West Tower
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 656-2168
Fax: (404) 656-9048
- Office of the Georgia Treasurer, "About Us," accessed September 12, 2011
- Georgia Governor, "Deal names state treasurer, deputy state treasurer," October 3, 2011
- Georgia Code, "50-5A-1," accessed September 12, 2011
- Georgia Code, "50-17-50," accessed September 12, 2011
- Georgia Code, "50-5A-5," accessed September 12, 2011
- Office of the Georgia Treasurer, "Home," accessed September 12, 2011
- Budget in Briefs, “Budget in Brief: Amended Fiscal Year 2013 and Fiscal Year 2013,” 69," accessed June17, 2013
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," accessed November 14, 2014
- The Council of State Governments, "Book of the States 2013, Table 4.11," accessed February 2, 2014