For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Florida Commissioner of Education|
|June 21, 2011 - August 31, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||June 21, 2011|
|Appointed by||Florida Board of Education|
|Associate's||El Camino Community College|
Before becoming Florida's Commissioner of Education, Robinson was the Virginia Superintendent of Public Instruction from January 2010 to June 2011. He served as a program director and president of the Black Alliance for Educational Options, a national non-profit advocacy organization, from 2005 to 2010. He has also worked as a senior research associate for the School Choice Demonstration Project at the University of Arkansas and a senior fellow at the Institute for the Transformation of Learning at Marquette University. He is married and has three daughters.
- M.Ed., Harvard University
- B.A., Howard University
- A.A., El Camino Community College.
- CBS Miami, "FL Education Commissioner Robinson Resigns," July 31, 2012
- Orlando Sentinel, "Education Commissioner Robinson resigns suddenly," August 1, 2012
- Florida Department of Education, "Commissioner's Biography," accessed September 1, 2011
- Orlando Sentinel, "Virginia schools chief chosen as Florida's commissioner of education," June 21, 2011
|Florida Commissioner of Education
June 21, 2011 - August 31, 2012
| Succeeded by|