Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Wallace's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Defender of Life
- Excerpt: "His pledge is to continue that battle for their future at the state-wide level while also engaging in the intensified battle concerning euthanasia that he anticipates will surely result from the full implementation of “Obamacare” if it is left unchecked."
Defender of the Traditional Family
- Excerpt: "Recognizing that the Biblical model of the traditional family is the most fundamental building block for a successful and fruitful society, Gerry will be a strong supporter of legislation that will strengthen that family unit and an energetic opponent of legislation, so common today, that would weaken, undermine, burden, or destroy it."
Defender of Marriage
- Excerpt: "He believes that the relentless attack against traditional marriage comes because it is noted in the Bible as a picture of the relationship between Christ and His bride, the Church. As such, he will absolutely oppose any legislation or legal attempts to weaken or alter in any way the traditional definition of marriage."
Defender of Constitutional Government
- Excerpt: "Gerry believes the unmatched success of the United States is a direct result of the wisdom of America’s founders displayed in our unique Constitution. Gerry believes we must return to the principles of limited government upon which our nation was founded."
Defender of a Free Market Economy
- Excerpt: "Gerry understands that government policy cannot actually generate jobs that invigorate the economy. Instead, policies must be enacted that free up people and businesses to pursue their own ideas for their personal benefit. Gerry thinks over-taxation, over-regulation, and redistribution policies are the primary burdens that keep our economy stagnant and unstable."
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Johnny Mack Morrow was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Gerry Wallace was unopposed in the Republican primary. Morrow defeated Wallace in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 18, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Johnny Mack Morrow Incumbent||59.4%||6,700|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gerry + Wallace + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama House of Representatives District 18
- Alabama House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Alabama State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- wallaceforalabama.com, "Issues," accessed September 18, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- waaytv.com, "Election Results," accessed November 6, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|