|Former candidate for|
|New York State Senate, District 62|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Arnold's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Gia believes in lessening the restrictions and mandates set forth by state government, reducing control, and restoring the power back into the hands of the people through local government and community involvement."
- Excerpt: "Gia believes this state’s educations system is failing our children. Our current public school system has adopted a curriculum that is supposed to be one size fits all. Not only does it attempt to make cookie cutter replicas of all students, it fails to recognize that each child is truly unique."
- Excerpt: "Representing the 3 counties with highest property taxes per value in the state, Gia believes in reducing taxes for homeowners, as well as across the board. She would like to cut unfunded mandates as well as analyze large spending programs to find areas where expenses can be reduced."
- Excerpt: "Gia believes in a small, limited government, which allows all people to live freely. She believes that all New Yorkers are equal under the guaranteed equal rights under Constitution, and should be able to do as they please so long as they are not causing injustice towards another."
- Excerpt: "Gia is opposed to any measure of gun control and would like to see the SAFE Act fully repealed. She would also like to see that it become easier for law abiding citizens in New York State to obtain a handgun permit. Instead of targeting law abiding gun owners, she would like to see a focus on stricter penalties for violent criminals as well as gun safety in classrooms and readily available for those interested."
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Johnny G. Destino was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Robert Ortt defeated Gia Arnold in the Republican primary. Ortt is also running on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Paul Brown is running as a Working Families Party candidate. Destino, Ortt and Brown will face off in the general election.
|New York State Senate, District 62 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gia + Arnold + New + York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- New York State Senate District 62
- New York State Senate elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- UPI.com, "New York state Senate candidate drops out after affair revealed," August 14, 2014
- Wgrz.com, "Gia Arnold back in the race for NYS Senate," August 22, 2014
- Vote Gia, "Issues," accessed September 5, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014