Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey Senate District 4|
|Profession||Owner of La Gelato, substitute teacher|
D'Orazio is a Washington Township councilman and a small business owner. He worked as a computer programmer and IT manager for 30 years before opening his own gelato business. D'Orazio also serves as a substitute teacher in the Washington Township school district, and tutors students privately in the Italian language and other academics.
D'Orazio has an Associates Degree in Computer Science from Pierce College in Philadelphia.
In an interview with the Gloucester County Times, D'Orazio listed his top priorities:
- "To grow South Jersey jobs by removing harmful regulations and tax burdens on small businesses and providing incentives for South Jersey businesses to grow. I will work to jump start New Jersey’s economic engine and pave the way for job creation. Unlike most politicians, I have always worked in the private sector, whether for a large organization or for myself. I believe that with private sector mentality in Trenton, better days are ahead of us. South Jersey families have been forced to cut back and prioritize their spending. Our state government should be forced to do the same, and ensure that the state spends taxpayers’ money more efficiently and effectively. We can no longer afford to spend money we don’t have. To make property tax relief a priority, I will only support a budget that reduces property tax for our families, seniors, and business owners. Making South Jersey more affordable and more business friendly will be my first priority."
(For responses from all the candidates, see the full story here.)
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
D'Orazio was defeated in the 2011 election for New Jersey Senate District 4. D'Orazio ran unopposed in the primary on June 7, 2011. He was defeated by incumbent Fred Madden (D) in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. The general election took place on November 8, 2011.
|New Jersey State Senate District 4General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Fred Madden Incumbent||62.1%||23,868|
D'Orazio and his wife Renee live in the Buckingham Court section of Sewell, New Jersey.
To contact Giancarlo by email: Giancarlo@wtfreshstart.com
Part 1 of 4 Washington Township NJ Candidate Debate for Council Oct 15, 2010
- Giancarlo D'Orazio on Facebook
- Giancarlo D'Orazio biography at Project Vote Smart
- Washington Twp. council candidate Giancarlo D'Orazio Video
- La Gelato website