|New York State Assembly District 5|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Fields is a health care administrator. She is married and has two children.
Fields lost to challenger Ken Mangan in the Democratic primary on September 14. However, Fields secured the nomination of the Independence and Working Families parties. She was defeated in the general election by Alfred Graf (R). Fields was seeking her fourth term.
|New York State Assembly, District 2010|
|Alfred Graf (R)||17,810|
|Ken Mangan (D)||10,588|
|Ginny Fields (I,WF)||7,579|
On November 4, 2008, Ginny Fields won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 1, defeating opponent John Bugler (R).
Fields raised $45,710 for her campaign while Bugler raised $2,984.
|New York State Assembly, District 5 2008|
|Ginny Fields (D)||30,191|
|John Bugler (R)||17,334|
In 2008, a year in which Fields was up for re-election, she collected $45,710 in donations.
|Democratic Association of Municipal Employees||$1,805|
|New York State United Teachers||$1,600|
|Montauk Surfcasters Association||$1,050|
|7 different groups each donated:||$1,000|
- Subcommittee on Child Production Safety
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. Ginny Fields
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Fields
- Mangan ousts incumbent Fields
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2008 Campaign donations in New York," accessed August 1, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Ginny Fields
|New York Assembly - District 5
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |