Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly, District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||March 2004|
Fields' professional experience includes working as a health care administrator.
- Subcommittee on Child Production Safety
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Fields lost to challenger Ken Mangan in the Democratic primary on September 14. However, Fields secured the nomination of the Independence and Working Families parties. She was defeated in the general election by Alfred Graf (R). Fields was seeking her fourth term.
|New York State Assembly, District 2010|
|Alfred Graf (R)||17,810|
|Ken Mangan (D)||10,588|
|Ginny Fields (I,WF)||7,579|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Ginny Fields won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 1, defeating opponent John Bugler (R).
Fields raised $45,710 for her campaign while Bugler raised $2,984.
|New York State Assembly, District 5 2008|
|Ginny Fields (D)||30,191|
|John Bugler (R)||17,334|
In 2008, a year in which Fields was up for re-election, she collected $45,710 in donations.
|Democratic Association of Municipal Employees||$1,805|
|New York State United Teachers||$1,600|
|Montauk Surfcasters Association||$1,050|
|7 different groups each donated:||$1,000|
She is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ginny + Fields + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Ginny Fields," accessed December 22, 2014
- sayville.patch.com, "Mangan ousts incumbent Fields," September 21, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2008 Campaign donations in New York," accessed August 1, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 23, 2014
|New York Assembly - District 5
| Succeeded by|
Alfred Graf (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |