Glades County, Florida
Glades County was created in 1921 and was named for the Florida Everglades. It is located in south-central Florida on the western bank of Lake Okeechobee. As of 2009, population in Glades County was estimated to be 10,950.
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
- Budgets and audits are posted under the Financial Reports tab.
- Board meeting agendas and related documents are posted under the BOCC Agenda tab.
- The county manager is listed with contact information under the Administration tab, as well as the names and telephone numbers for specific county offices under the Departments' tab
- There is a Calendar tab, but it is password protected.
- Board minutes are not posted.
- County commissioners are listed, but individual contact information is not provided.
- Building permits are available under the Downloads tab, but zoning information is not available.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
- There is no information on contracts, or local taxes.
- Official Glades County Website
- Glades County on E-Reference
- Glades County on Epodunk
- Glades County Free Public Records Directory