Glen Ellyn High School District Field Lighting Question (March 2012)
This measure was approved
- YES 2,766 (54.04%)
- NO 2,352 (45.95%)
This measure sought to allow High School District 87 to install field lighting on Memorial Field in order to allow for athletic practice, competitions and other activities after dark. Though this issue was voted on, Village Trustees stated that their decision on the lighting will occur at their January 30 meeting. Residents had urged the trustees to wait until the vote in March but they did not changed their mind. Since the school district brought the issue to the village Board, it was considered a zoning question and has wider implications than just in the village as other schools use the field.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Should High School District 87 be permitted to install and operate permanent stadium field lighting on Memorial Field at Glenbard West High School (consisting of two 60' tall and four 70' tall light towers) for after-dark athletic practices, competitions, and non-school related rentals?|
- Glen Ellyn Patch, "D87 Board Member Speaks Out Before Memorial Lights Referendum Vote," March 19, 2012
- DuPage County Election Commission, March Election Results
- DuPage Elections, March Proposal List
- Glen Ellyn Patch, "Will the Memorial Lights Referendum Cost Taxpayers Extra?," January 27, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |