|Last mayoral election:||2012|
|Next mayoral election:||2016|
|Last city council election:||2012|
|Next city council election:||2014|
|City council seats:||7|
|2013-2014 FY Budget:||$576 million|
|Population in 2013:||234,632|
Hispanic or Latino 35.5
African American 6.0%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone 1.7%
Two or More 4.0%
|Median household income:||$50,567|
|High school graduation rate:||83.5%|
|College graduation rate:||21.5%|
|Related Glendale offices|
|Arizona Congressional Delegation|
Arizona State Legislature
Arizona state executive offices
Jerry Weiers is the current Mayor of Glendale.
The City of Glendale utilizes a Council-Manager system. An elected city council, which serves as the city's legislative body, appoints an executive called a city manager to oversee the city's day-to-day operations.
The city council consists of seven members including the Mayor. While the mayor is elected at-large, the other six city council members are elected by Glendale's six districts.
A full list of city council members can be found here
The city of Glendale, Arizona will hold elections for city council on November 4, 2014. A primary election was held on August 26, 2014. Three council seats are up election.
Glendale's adopted budget for fiscal year 2013-2014 was $576 million.
Office of the Mayor
City of Glendale
5850 W. Glendale Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85301
To contact individual council members, see here.
As of August, Glendale has spent $80,000 on lobbying in 2014.
- See also: Maricopa County, Arizona ballot measures
Glendale follows the procedures for initiative and referendum that exist in state law and adds nothing further in its own charter.
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Arizona city websites
This website was reviewed on January 4, 2012.
- Contact information and bios are available for individual city council members and the mayor.
- Public meeting information including agendas and minutes is available on the website.
- Budget information is available, including guides for the public to understand and read the budget.
- Audits and comprehensive financial reports are available on the website.
- Contact information is available for the city clerk and city manager as well as other major administrative officials.
- Current permits are available.
- Zoning information is available, including information for how to apply for certain zoning permits.
- A link is provided to full information on the Arizona Open Meetings Law. Resources for making a public records request are also available.
- Comprehensive tax and filing information is available on the website.
- Purchasing information is available.
- City contracts are not available on the website.
- Information about membership in a government sector lobbying association is not made explicit, though can be found in meeting minutes and press releases from the mayor's office.
- U.S. Census Bureau "State and County Quick Facts," accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale, "City Officials," accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale "City Council," accessed on August 18, 2014
- Maricopa County, "2014 Election Calendar," accessed May 14, 2014
- Glendale Budget Office, "Executive Summary: FY 2013-2014," accessed on August 18, 2014
- Member of League of Arizona Cities and Towns, accessed on August 18, 2014
- Open Secrets, "City of Glendale, AZ," accessed August 18, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- City of Glendale - City Council, accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale - Public Meeting Dates, Notices, Minutes & Agendas, accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale - Budget, accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale - Finance, accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale - City Officials, accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale - Building Safety - Online Permits, accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale - Planning - Zoning, accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale - Open Meetings Law, accessed on August 18, 2014
- Online Services, accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale - Reporting and Filing Questions, accessed on August 18, 2014
- City of Glendale - Purchasing, accessed on August 18, 2014