|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 66|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Callison's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Texas faces complex challenges that simple rhetoric won’t fix. We need a serious, conservative leader willing to tackle our biggest health care, budget, education and water issues while preserving our shared conservative values. Glenn will protect us from the dangers of tax increases, unnecessary regulations and job-killing federal programs, like Obamacare."
- Excerpt: "Glenn will work to ensure our region continues to create jobs and remains a great place to live and raise a family, while adhering to fiscally conservative policies to keep taxes low."
- Excerpt: "For the last 25 years, Glenn has immersed himself in the important local issues that affect our community and as our state representative, Glenn will continue to look out for us."
- Excerpt: "Giving more local control to our teachers and parents in educating our children is the best model for improving our education system."
- Excerpt: "Transparent budgeting, stopping diversions and by prioritizing our spending, we can solve our transportation problem with no new taxes on hard-working Texans."
Defend the Border
- Excerpt: "If the federal government refuses to defend our border, Texas must pick up the slack. Glenn believes we must truly secure our borders, hold employers responsible for knowingly hiring illegal immigrants, and opposes the policy of ‘sanctuary cities’."
Faith and Family Values
- Excerpt: "Glenn is 100% Pro-life. He believes life begins at conception and we must do everything we can to protect those who cannot protect themselves. He believes the life of an unborn child is precious and innocent and that everyone deserves a chance to fulfill God’s plan."
Protect our Water
- Excerpt: "With our population set to double by 2050, Glenn will take a proactive approach and move quickly to solve this problem. He will ensure Texas invests in the crucial water conservation and infrastructure projects we need - without raising your taxes."
- Excerpt: "Glenn knows that a lean and efficient government is the least intrusive and most productive."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Glenn Callison and Matt Shaheen defeated Stacy Chen in the Republican primary. Shaheen defeated Callison in the May 27 Republican runoff. Shaheen was unopposed in the general election. Ian Santorella was a Libertarian candidate nominee but the proper paperwork was not filed by the party to put him on the ballot.
In 2014, Callison's endorsements included the following:
- Plano and Dallas Police Associations
- Plano Fire Fighters Association
- Texas Association of REALTORS
- Texas Association of Business
- Texas Medical Association (TEXPAC)
- Texas Hospital Association
- Collin County Association of REALTORS
- Dallas Builders Association (HOMEPAC)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Glenn + Callison + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Glenn Callison on Facebook
- Glenn Callison on Twitter (campaign)
- Glenn Callison on Twitter (personal)
- Glenn Callison on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from the Texas Tribune
- Texas Secretary of State
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- Texans for Glenn Callison, "Issues," accessed February 20, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Update received directly from the candidate, Ian Santorella, via an email to Ballotpedia staff on July 11, 2014.
- Texans for Glenn Callison, "Endorsements," accessed February 20, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |