|Colorado House of Representatives District 48|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||Colorado State University, 1967|
|Place of birth||Omaha, NE|
Vaad has served as Legislative Liaison to the State General Assembly and Transportation Manager/Administrator with the Colorado Department of Transportation.
He is a member and President of the Saint Vrain Valley School Board, Charter Member of the Skyline High School Education Foundation, and a volunteer fireman/emergency medical technician.
Vaad is running for election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012.
Vaad did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Vaad's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1114 - Devolve State Commuter Hwys To Loc Govs
- HB 09-1146 - Proof Of Citizenship To Register To Vote
- HB 09-1187 - Allow Tolling Of Existing Toll-free Hwys
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Vaad served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Livestock, & Natural Resources Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
- Appropriations Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, Colorado House of Representatives, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Vaad served on these committees:
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
|Colorado State Senate, District 23 Republican Primary, 2012|
Vaad ran for re-election to the 48th District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. He defeated Connie Hurtado Coffman (D) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 48 General election (2010)|
|Glenn Vaad (R)||26,427|
|Connie Hurtado Coffman (D)||12,595|
Vaad raised $52,766 for his campaign, while Williams raised $7,892.
|Colorado State House, District 48 (2008)|
|Glenn Vaad (R)||28,937|
|Bill Williams (D)||19,625|
In 2010, Vaad raised $24,224 in contributions. 
His three largest contributors were:
|Vaad, Glenn A||$1,915|
|Colorado Association Of Realtors Small Donor Committee||$1,000|
|Copic Insurance Small Donor Committee||$1,000|
Below are Vaad's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Assoc of Realtors||$2,400|
|Colorado Rural Electric Assoc||$1,400|
|National Assoc of Industrial & Office Properties||$1,400|
|Mountain Area Council of Dairy Farmers||$1,200|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Glenn + Vaad + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign website
- Glenn Vaad's personal website
- Colorado House of Representatives - Rep. Glenn Vaad
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Vaad
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Vaad Issue Positions
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State, - 2012 Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State, Official Primary Election Results
- ↑ 2008 general election results, Colorado
- ↑ Colorado House spending, 2008
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Colorado House District 48
| Succeeded by|
Stephen Humphrey (R)