|U.S. House, Florida, District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Scurry-Smith's campaign sign was vandalized with whiteface paint in June 2014. The act was part of a series of incidents against African-AmericanRepublican candidates in the overwhelmingly Democratic district. The sign was situated on private property in view of Interstate 10 in Jacksonville. The vandal sprayed white paint over the face of Scurry-Smith, who is African-American.
Scurry-Smith is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 5th District. Scurry-Smith won the Republican nomination in the primary on August 26, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Florida District 5 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Scurry-Smith's reports.
|Gloreatha Scurry-Smith (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$0||$0||$(0)||$0|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$0||$5,700||$(183)||$5,516|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$5,516||$12,508||$(14,413)||$3,611|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$3,611||$21,591||$(18,104)||$7,098|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gloreatha + Scurry-Smith + Florida + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 5th Congressional District
- Lake County Republicans, "2014 Republican Candidate Website," accessed December 10, 2013
- National Review, "Whiteface Vandalism of Republican Candidate’s Sign," accessed June 30, 2014
- Associated Press, "Primary Results 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly," accessed February 19, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed February 19, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed February 19, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 21, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |