|Tennessee House of Representatives District 13|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee|
Johnson received her B.S. from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. She currently teaches at Central High School in Fountain City. She also serves as Chair of the Knox County Democratic Party and volunteered with 2008 Obama campaign.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Johnson served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Gloria Johnson discusses her candidacy.
Gloria Johnson campaign commercial.
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Gloria Johnson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jason Emert was defeated by Eddie Smith in the Republican primary. Johnson and Smith will face off in the general election.
Johnson won election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 13. Johnson ran unopposed in the August 2 primary election and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 13, General Election, 2012|
Johnson was defeated in the 2011 special election for Tennessee Senate District 6. She lost to Becky Duncan Massey (R) in the November 8 election. Massey defeated Marilyn Roddy and Victoria DeFreese in the Republican primary.
Comprehensive donor information for Johnson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Johnson raised a total of $78,384 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Gloria Johnson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 13||$78,384|
|Grand Total Raised||$78,384|
2012Johnson won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Johnson raised a total of $78,384.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gloria Johnson's campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Education Association||$5,500|
|International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers||$5,000|
|United Association Of Journeymen And Apprentices Of The Plumbing And Pipe Fitting Industry Of The United States And Canada||$5,000|
|Tennessee Democratic Party||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$78,384|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, first year, was in session from January 8 to April 19. In 2014, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, second year, was in session from January 14 to April 18.
- Tennessee National Federation of Independent Business: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Tennessee Conservation Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes relating to conservation and environmental issues.
- Tennessee Voters for Animal Protection: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on animal protection bills.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gloria + Johnson + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vote Gloria Johnson, "Campaign site," accessed November 1, 2011
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Unofficial Election Results," accessed August 8, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 17, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 17, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Johnson, Gloria," accessed June 28, 2013
Harry Tindell (D)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 13
| Succeeded by|