|Tennessee House of Representatives District 13|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$173/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee|
Johnson received her B.S. from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. She currently teaches at Central High School in Fountain City. She also serves as Chair of the Knox County Democratic Party and volunteered with 2008 Obama campaign.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Johnson served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Johnson won election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 13. Johnson ran unopposed in the August 2 primary election and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 13, General Election, 2012|
Johnson was defeated in the 2011 special election for Tennessee Senate District 6. She lost to Becky Duncan Massey (R) in the November 8 election. Massey defeated Marilyn Roddy and Victoria DeFreese in the Republican primary.
Comprehensive donor information for Johnson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Johnson raised a total of $78,384 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Gloria Johnson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 13||$78,384|
|Grand Total Raised||$78,384|
2012Johnson won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Johnson raised a total of $78,384.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gloria Johnson's campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Education Association||$5,500|
|International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers||$5,000|
|United Association Of Journeymen And Apprentices Of The Plumbing And Pipe Fitting Industry Of The United States And Canada||$5,000|
|Tennessee Democratic Party||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$78,384|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gloria + Johnson + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Support groups in the area are ready to assist you in many ways - TriCities.com
- Bob Filner Faces Sentencing For Harrassment - Huffington Post
- Support Groups are plentiful in the area to help in many ways - TriCities.com
- Support groups in the area can help with illness, drug problems and many other ... - TriCities.com
- PART I: Remembering JFK - Murfreesboro Post
- Assassination of Kennedy still in generation's focus - The Daily News Journal
- Rwandan genocide victim to lead retreats: School News - NOLA.com (blog)
- Lee Daniels' The Butler, review - Telegraph.co.uk
- Food Informants: A Week In The Life Of Kazia Jankowski, Associate Culinary ... - Huffington Post
- On The Boards Theater Listings - Artvoice
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ "Vote Gloria Johnson," Campaign site, Accessed November 1, 2011
- ↑ Tennessee Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Tennessee Department of State - Unofficial primary results
- ↑ Knox County, Election Commission, Special Election for State Senate, District Six
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Johnson, Gloria," accessed June 28, 2013
Harry Tindell (D)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 13
| Succeeded by|