|Hawaii Commissioner of Insurance|
|July 2010 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Governor Linda Lingle|
|Bachelor's||University of Hawaii|
|J.D.||William S. Richardson School of Law|
Ito has worked for the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs for over 17 years. From 1993-2000 he was the supervising staff attorney of the Insurance Division. He became chief deputy insurance commissioner in 2000, serving in the role until being named state Insurance Commissioner in 2010.
- Bachelor's Degree, Business Administration, University of Hawaii
- JD, William S. Richardson School of Law
Hawaii Commissioner of Insurance (2010-present)
Ito was appointed as Hawaii Commissioner of Insurance by Gov. Linda Lingle (R), effective July 20, 2010. Lingle stated, “We are fortunate to have Gordon Ito accept the important position of Insurance Commissioner. Mr. Ito has been with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs for more than 17 years, and is highly experienced in all areas of insurance.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gordon + Ito + Hawaii + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii health exchange has signed up 574 people, for about $348000 apiece - Hawaii Reporter
- Hawaii insurance commissioner wants health insurers to continue offering ... - Pacific Business News (Honolulu)
- Hawaii Health Exchange Sign Ups Dismal, Costly to Taxpayers - Hawaii Reporter
- Hawaii Health Connector director steps down amidst controversy over troubled ... - Hawaii Reporter
- 257 individuals enroll in Hawaii Health Connector - KHON2
- Oh-Bummer-care | 2012 Jobless Rate Falsified | Mayhem at UH (Wahine ... - Hawaii Reporter
- Obama Orders Changes to ACA Implementation - Big Island Now
- More states push for policy extensions - BenefitsPro
|Hawaii Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|