Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 15|
|January 7, 2015 - Present|
|January 10, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Base salary||$30,000 per year|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $183/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Klingenschmitt's professional experience includes working as a motivational speaker and U.S. Navy Chaplain.
Elections for the office of Colorado House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Lois A. Fornander was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Gordon Klingenschmitt defeated Dave Williams in the Republican primary. Klingenschmitt defeated Fornander in the general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Lois A. Fornander||30.1%||7,350|
|Colorado House of Representatives District 15 Republican Primary, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gordon + Klingenschmitt + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado General Assembly
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Profile from the Colorado House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Gordon Klingenschmitt on Facebook
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official primary candidate list
- Gordon Klingenschmitt campaign website, "About," accessed May 15, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 23, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 5, 2014
- Gordon Klingenschmitt campaign website, "Endorsements," accessed May 15, 2014
Mark Waller (R)
|Colorado House District 15
| Succeeded by|