|Texas State Senate, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 10, 2014|
|Service/branch||U.S. Coast Guard|
|Years of service||1991-1995|
Bunch's professional experience includes working as Founder, President and CEO of The Woodlands Financial Group and President of the Professional Insurance Agents of Texas. He served in the United States Coast Guard from 1991 to 1995.
Bunch's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Fighting Back Against an Abusive Federal Government
- Reducing the Tax Burden so Families Keep More of What They Earn
- Reducing Spending by Eliminating Waste and Inefficiencies
Gordy Bunch (R), Brandon Creighton (R), Michael Galloway (R) and Steve Toth (R) faced off in the special election, which took place on May 10. Because no candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Creighton and Toth - advanced to a runoff election on August 5, which Creighton won.
The seat was vacant following Tommy Williams's (R) retirement on October 26, 2013.
Bunch and his wife, Michelle, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gordy + Bunch + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 14, 2014
- gordybunchfortexas.com, "Meet Gordy," accessed December 24, 2013
- yourhoustonnews.com, "ELECTION 2014: Senate District 4 race headed for runoff," May 10, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "Runoff Election Declaration," accessed June 2, 2014
- Texas Tribune, "Creighton Easily Wins Special State Senate Race," August 5, 2014
- kxan.com, "Special state Senate election date set," November 7, 2013