Governor Christie comes to Wisconsin to campaign for fellow candidates
By Kyle Maichle
Governor Christie was the main attraction for a afternoon fundraiser at the Country Springs Hotel in Milwaukee's West suburbs. The luncheon was to raise money for gubernatorial candidate Scott Walker. Walker, the Milwaukee County Executive, is running against Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, a Democrat on the November 2, 2010, general election ballot
After the fundraiser, Governor Christie along with Scott Walker led a rally with campaign supporters and volunteers in Waukesha. Earlier in the morning, the New Jersey Governor was interviewed over the phone by WTMJ AM-620's Charlie Sykes during his morning talk show.
Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate issued a statement in response to Governor Christie's visit. In the statement, Chairman Tate accused Chris Christie of breaking a 2009 campaign promise to not alter pensions for local firefighters and criticized Walker for adopting Governor Christie's platform on public employee pensions as Milwaukee County Executive. Neither Governor Christie or the Walker Campaign issued a response to Chairman Tate's statement.
Governor Christie's stop in Wisconsin is part of a thirteen state tour that began in California for gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman. The next stop on Governor Christie's campaign tour is Iowa where he will headline a fundraiser for former Governor of Iowa Terry Branstad during the evening of October 4, 2010. Governor Christie is also making a stop in Illinois on October 5, 2010, to campaign for gubernatorial candidate Bill Brady.
|Propositions •||Recall||• Law|
- NJ.com "N.J. Gov. Christie continues national tour in Wisconsin with GOP candidate Scott Walker", October 4, 2010
- [Confirmed with Walker Campaign via email on September 29, 2010]
- Wisconsin State Journal "Politics blog: Gov. Christie to visit Wisconsin for Walker", September 23, 2010
- [Confirmed via email with Walker for Governor Campaign on October 3, 2010]
- WTMJ-AM 620 "Interview: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie", October 4, 2010
- Democratic Party of Wisconsin (DPW) "Scott Walker Hosts Fellow Pension Promise Breaker", October 4, 2010
- Quad City Times "N.J. governor to hit campaign trail for Brady", September 29, 2010