|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 108|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Norway High School, 1993|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University|
|J.D.||Michigan State University|
Carlson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Fight to create new jobs and keep them in our community by supporting small businesses and entrepreneurs.
I know the value of our local small businesses, and I understand the importance of small businesses to the growth and success of Michigan’s economy. When I go to Lansing, I will support the small businesses that bring jobs to local communities.
Restore education funding so our kids receive the best education possible.
Fully restore tax credits
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Grant Carlson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Ed McBroom was unopposed in the Republican primary. McBroom then defeated Carlson in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 108 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Ed McBroom Incumbent||59.7%||16,926|
In 2014, Carlson's endorsements included the following:
- State Rep. Scott Dianda (D)
- State Rep. John Kivela (D)
- Laborers International Union - Michigan
- IBEW Local 219
- United Auto Workers
- Boilermakers Local 169
- Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters
- Operating Engineers Local 324
- Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 111
- Michigan Professional Firefighters Union
- SEIU Michigan Council
- Dickinson County Sheriff Road Patrol and Dispatch Union
- Norway Police Officer Association
- Iron Mountain Police Officer Association
- Kingsford Public Safety
- Michigan Teamsters
- Sierra Club
- UFCW Local 876
- SMART Union- Transportation Division (Sheet Metal, Air, Rail, and Transportation)
- Norway-Vulcan Education Association
- Breitung Township Education Association
- Iron Workers Local 8, AFL-CIO
- Dickinson County Correctional Officer’s Union
- Iron Mountain Police Department, Lieutenants Association
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Grant + Carlson + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 108
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Committee to Elect Grant Carlson, "Issues," accessed October 15, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "Unofficial General Election Results as of November 5, 2014," accessed November 6, 2014
- Committee to Elect Grant Carlson, "Endorsements," accessed October 15, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |