Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Texas, District 24|
|Bachelor's||Denison University, 1991|
|Profession||Reporter/Small business owner|
Stinchfield earned his bachelor's degree from Denison University in 1991. He is currently a reporter/anchor for NBC and is also the owner of Kwik Kar Auto Care Center.
Stinchfield's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Deficit Spending
- Excerpt: "In 2010, voters sent Barack Obama a message: Stop spending our country into bankruptcy! Our current Beltway Republicans responded with a whopping 2% cut in spending from the prior year. Think about that: Republicans call spending 98% of what Nancy Pelosi did, a “cut.” This is not the response voters wanted and it’s not the action our country needs."
- The Fair Tax
- Excerpt: "The tax code is a mess and I firmly believe in our tax system needs to be overhauled. My in-depth research and investigation leads to me to support the “Fair Tax.” A 23 percent national sales tax that does away with all other forms of federal taxation."
- Energy Policy
- Excerpt: "We must make it easier for the independent oil companies to seek out new opportunities, We can not solely rely on “Big Oil.” America’s over burdensome regulations is what causes our dependence on foreign oil, NOT a lack of the commodity here at home."
- National Security
- Excerpt: "The main responsibility of our federal government is to protect our sovereignty by providing for a strong national defense. It is imperative that we maintain the most proficient and capable fighting force in the world."
- Excerpt: "America is a proud nation of immigrants. Our future prosperity depends on wise, just, and orderly immigration policies. America should always welcome those who can contribute to our economy and culture."
Stinchfield and his wife, Amy Vanderoef, have one child.
- Texas' 24th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2012
- U.S. House elections, 2012
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram, "Former TV reporter eyes Marchant's House District 24 seat," September 7, 2011 (dead link)
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
- Campaign website, Issues
- Texas GOP, "Republican candidate list," accessed May 10, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State, "Unofficial Republican primary results," May 29, 2012 (timed out)
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |