Grants Pass votes to remove 5 council members from office
GRANTS PASS, Oregon: Yesterday, Grants Pass voters voted to recall all 5 of the targeted city council members: Council President Bill Kangas and councilors Mark Townes, Rob Pell, Ward Warren, and Lisa Berger. Targeted officials had the option to either resign or face the recall election in September. The recall campaign began in June and July 2009 after months of turmoil between former City Manager David Frasher and the city Council. The council made several attempts to fire Frasher but in the last attempt Mayor Mike Murphy vetoed the motion. Shortly thereafter, on July 8, 2009, Frasher resigned from his position as City Manager. Mayor Michael Murphy was also under scrutiny but efforts to recall the mayor were suspended in early September.
Click here for individual council member election results.
|Propositions •||Recall||• Law|
- Grants Pass City Council recall, Oregon, 2009
- Josephine County, Oregon ballot measures
- Lane County, Oregon ballot measures
- KTVL,"GP Council Members Face Recall Election Next Month," August 7, 2009
- KDRV,"5 GP city councilors voted out of office," September 15, 2009
- KDRV,"5 Grants Pass councilors to face recall election," August 7, 2009
- KTVL,"Group suspends counter-recall effort against Grants Pass mayor," September 2, 2009