|Oregon House of Representatives, District 58|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Owner of Barreto Manufacturing|
Barreto's professional experience includes owning Barreto Manufacturing since 1984.
Barreto's campaign website highlights the following issues:
The Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "We need more private sector jobs in Northeast Oregon. We need jobs for our young people, as well as for those climbing the ladder of opportunity."
- Excerpt: "Early learning hubs and Common Core are not the answer. Any federally mandated program will contain bias from the ideology of the administration in charge. Education should be neutral from this bias."
- Excerpt: "Education should be under local control with parents and local school boards directing the children’s education – not the federal government."
- Excerpt: "Our people in the military who currently protect us, as well as those who have previously served, should be highly regarded and well taken care of. Of all the people who deserve good health care, these men and women deserve to be first in line."
- Excerpt: "The elderly should not be forgotten. Many on fixed incomes are affected by decisions in Salem. Any increase in the cost of living affects them. My wife and I as well as our children currently donate and serve at the Union County Senior Center and have for the last 10 years. Senior citizens are a valued and special part of our communities."
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Family, Pro-Life, Pro-Business, Pro-Second Amendment, Pro-Constitution, Pro-American. I believe in traditional family values and that marriage is between a man and a woman. That the nuclear family is foundational to a successful society and should be promoted and preserved."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Heidi Van Schoonhoven was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Greg Barreto defeated John Turner in the Republican primary. Schoonhoven and Barreto will face off in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 58 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Barreto's endorsements include the following:
- Steve McClure- Union County Commissioner- (Republican)
- Mark Davidson- Union County Commissioner- (Republican)
- Bill Rosholt- Union County Commissioner-(Republican)
- Mike Hayward- Wallowa County Commissioner-(Republican)
- Susan Roberts- Wallowa County Commissioner-(Republican)
- Oregon Right to Life
- Union County Farm Bureau
- Oregon Watchdog.com – 2014 Primary Voters Pamphlet
- Union County Cattlemen
- Common Sense for Oregon
Barreto and his wife, Chris, have eight children and four grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Greg + Barreto + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 58
- Official campaign website
- Greg Barreto on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Official campaign website, "Greg on the Issues," accessed April 28, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Supporters," accessed April 28, 2014