For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 58|
|January 12, 2015 - present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Profession||Owner of Barreto Manufacturing|
Barreto's professional experience includes owning Barreto Manufacturing since 1984.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Barreto served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Business and Labor|
Barreto's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
The Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "We need more private sector jobs in Northeast Oregon. We need jobs for our young people, as well as for those climbing the ladder of opportunity."
- Excerpt: "Early learning hubs and Common Core are not the answer. Any federally mandated program will contain bias from the ideology of the administration in charge. Education should be neutral from this bias."
- Excerpt: "Education should be under local control with parents and local school boards directing the children’s education – not the federal government."
- Excerpt: "Our people in the military who currently protect us, as well as those who have previously served, should be highly regarded and well taken care of. Of all the people who deserve good health care, these men and women deserve to be first in line."
- Excerpt: "The elderly should not be forgotten. Many on fixed incomes are affected by decisions in Salem. Any increase in the cost of living affects them. My wife and I as well as our children currently donate and serve at the Union County Senior Center and have for the last 10 years. Senior citizens are a valued and special part of our communities."
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Family, Pro-Life, Pro-Business, Pro-Second Amendment, Pro-Constitution, Pro-American. I believe in traditional family values and that marriage is between a man and a woman. That the nuclear family is foundational to a successful society and should be promoted and preserved."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Heidi Van Schoonhoven was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Greg Barreto defeated John Turner in the Republican primary. Barreto defeated Schoonhoven in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives District 58, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Heidi Van Schoonhoven||24.8%||5,667|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 58 Republican Primary, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, Barreto's endorsements included the following:
- Steve McClure- Union County Commissioner- (Republican)
- Mark Davidson- Union County Commissioner- (Republican)
- Bill Rosholt- Union County Commissioner-(Republican)
- Mike Hayward- Wallowa County Commissioner-(Republican)
- Susan Roberts- Wallowa County Commissioner-(Republican)
- Oregon Right to Life
- Union County Farm Bureau
- Oregon Watchdog.com – 2014 Primary Voters Pamphlet
- Union County Cattlemen
- Common Sense for Oregon
Barreto and his wife, Chris, have eight children and four grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Greg + Barreto + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Official campaign website
- Greg Barreto on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website, "Greg on the Issues," accessed April 28, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Supporters," accessed April 28, 2014
Bob Jenson (R)
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 58
| Succeeded by|