For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. Senate, North Carolina|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern California|
|M.D.||Chicago Medical School|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California|
Brannon is a practicing OB/GYN.
Greg was the first member in his family to go to college, earning a scholarship to the University of Southern California, where he received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Science in 1982. He earned his Medical Degree from the Chicago Medical School in 1988 and performed his OB/GYN Residency at Los Angeles County/ USC Women’s Hospital in 1992. He was a Clinical Professor at UNC/Wake AHEC from 1993-1994 before opening his OB/GYN practice in Cary, NC in 1993.
On March 11, 2014, a judgement ordered that Brannon pay two investors in his failed startup company more than $450,000.
The judgment followed a February 18, 2014, verdict that Brannon had sole responsibility for giving misleading or false information in 2010 to investors regarding a mobile application being developed by Neogence Enterprises, a now-defunct tech company he helped start. The total Brannon owes is more than $454,631.
|U.S. Senate, North Carolina Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via the North Carolina State Board of Elections|
Brannon was endorsed by the following:
- Senator Rand Paul
- Paul said, "I urge conservatives in the state of North Carolina and across the nation to rally around Greg Brannon by contributing generously to his campaign and joining the grassroots volunteer effort to ensure that there is a strong Constitutional conservative Senator from North Carolina."
- Senator Mike Lee (Utah)
- Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund
|Greg Brannon (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$0.00||$47,124.00||$(28,167.14)||$18,956.86|
|July Quarterly||July 24, 2013||$17,956.86||$71,054.58||$(42,850.82)||$46,160.62|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$41,001.62||$155,743.02||$(91,481.88)||$105,262.76|
Brannon is married with seven children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Greg + Brannon + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission
- Gregbrannon.com, "Meet Greg," accessed June 28, 2013
- News Observer, "Greg Brannon owes nearly half-million to settle civil claims," accessed March 17, 2014
- Roll Call, "Rand Paul Endorses in North Carolina Primary," October 16, 2013
- News Observer, "Utah Sen. Mike Lee endorses Greg Brannon in contested Senate primary," accessed May 1, 2014
- Politico, "FreedomWorks backs Brannon in N.C.," accessed May 1, 2014
- Greg Brannon for U.S. Senate, "Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund Endorses Brannon for U.S. Senate," accessed May 1, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Greg Brannon April Quarterly," accessed October 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Greg Brannon July Quarterly," accessed October 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Greg Brannon October Quarterly," accessed October 28, 2013