|Former candidate for|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Bringhurst's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Affordable and Stable Energy
- Excerpt: "I want to help bring common sense solutions for low-cost energy and I will support continuing progress on building a large-scale LNG pipeline. I will maintain pressure on the Interior Energy Plan to help get natural gas to Fairbanksans as quickly as possible and will continue to support efficiency and weatherization measures that help us use our energy smarter."
Jobs for Fairbanks
- Excerpt: "I believe one foundation for a healthy and thriving community is access to quality jobs, and will work tirelessly to create more (long-term, legacy) jobs in Fairbanks. I want to diversify our economy and bring manufacturing and high-tech jobs to our community. As a Legislator I will look at long-term solutions for Alaska’s economy and will think in terms of generations down the road. As the activity on the North Slope increases I will fight to bring the related jobs here to Fairbanks."
- Excerpt: "I love downtown and I want to see it bustling with activity. I will work to make downtown the place we all think it should be with restaurants, businesses, and safe activities for families. This will only be possible if we bring all the groups to the table."
Responsible resource and mineral development
- Excerpt: "I support responsible resource and mineral development. I am excited for the current mining operations we have in the Interior and ones that are in development. I am also very excited to see oil and gas exploration happening in Interior basins and increases in production on the North Slope."
Education and Vocational Training
- Excerpt: "I will work for strong public education and University systems. Through my involvement with the UAF School of Management Business Advisory Council I have seen very bright young Alaskans leave our town to start careers elsewhere. Let’s work to keep the students who are educated in Fairbanks living in Fairbanks. I believe offering a variety of educational opportunities for our student is important to their success. I support innovative ways to increase graduation rates that work for Alaska such as the introduction of vocational programs in our schools."
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Scott J. Kawasaki was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Greg Bringhurst defeated Jomo L. Stewart in the Republican primary. Kawasaki defeated Bringhurst in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 1, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Scott J. Kawasaki Incumbent||55%||2,973|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 1 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Gregory Don Bringhurst||72.1%||1,229|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Greg + Bringhurst + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House of Representatives District 1
- Alaska House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Alaska State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Greg Bringhurst on Facebook
- Greg Bringhurst on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Alaska Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- Greg Bringhurst for State House, "Issues," accessed July 24, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 20, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results," accessed November 25, 2014