|Minnesota State Senate, District 57|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Master's||University of St. Thomas|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Clausen served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education and Workforce Development, Vice-chair|
Clausen's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Public Service, Leadership
- Excerpt: "Greg has spent his entire life as an educator working to build a better tomorrow for future generations of Minnesotans. He will bring this same vision, public service, work ethic and leadership to the State Senate."
- Excerpt: "Greg understands the need to support a strong economic infrastructure. Business incentives are needed that will keep jobs in Minnesota, provide training programs and hire veterans. Encouraging scientific innovation, research and development will evolve into new business opportunities that will create jobs for Minnesotans."
- Excerpt: "We need to identify and set priorities on what are the values and initiatives which will move Minnesota forward. Equitable and fair solutions need to be found to reduce the tax burden on home and property owners."
- Excerpt: "Education is a needed investment in Minnesota’s infrastructure if we are to compete in the global marketplace. Investing in Early Childhood Parenting Education, all-day/every-day kindergarten, lower class sizes and incentives to increase parent and community involvement are steps toward close the achievement gap."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Clausen won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 57. He defeated Mike Germain in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Pat Hall (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 57, General Election, 2012|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 57 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Clausen is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Clausen raised a total of $47,023 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Greg Clausen's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State Senate, District 57||$47,023|
|Grand Total Raised||$47,023|
2012Clausen won election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Clausen raised a total of $47,023.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Greg Clausen's campaign in 2012|
|DFL Senate Caucus||$2,200|
|Clausen, Gregory David||$2,000|
|3rd Senate District DFL New||$2,000|
|United Food & Commercial Workers Council 6||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$47,023|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from February 25 through May 19.
- Liberty Minnesota: 2014
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating "limited government, free enterprise, and individual liberty."
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on pro-choice issues.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 8 to May 20.
- Americans for Prosperity Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored "on key votes on issues concerning economic freedom, which includes taxes, budgets and spending, health care and more."
- Minnesota Family Council: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to a socially conservative "pro-family" organization.
- Minnesota Majority: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "a wide range of issues including taxes, government spending, elections, childcare unionization, property rights and energy policy" per "the traditional values position."
- Taxpayers League of Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to an economically conservative organization.
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes regarding reproductive issues.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Clausen and his wife, Bobbie, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Greg + Clausen + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money career profile
- "clausenforsenate," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 25, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Clausen, Greg." Retrieved June 28, 2013
- Liberty Minnesota, "About Us," accessed July 25, 2014
- Americans for Prosperity, "2013 Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Family Council, "2013 Minnesota Family Council Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Majority, "Scorecards," accessed July 26, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Clausenforsenate.com, "About Greg," accessed August 9, 2012
Katie Sieben (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 57
| Succeeded by|