|Iowa House of Representatives District 28|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Mt. Pleasant High School|
|Bachelor's||Indian Hills Community College|
Heartsill earned his B.S. in Business from Buena Vista College. His professional experience includes owning a fencing company.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Heartsill served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Government Oversight, Vice-chair|
|• Local Government, Vice-chair|
|• Public Safety|
Heartsill's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Promote Economic Growth & Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Foster job creation via less taxation and less regulation."
Protect the Family
- Excerpt: "Defend Traditional Marriage. Recognize Personhood at Conception."
Preserve our Right to Self-Defense
- Excerpt: "Support "Stand Your Ground" Legislation."
Prohibit Property Rights Encroachment
- Excerpt: "Strengthen eminent domain laws to protect private property."
Prevent Election Fraud
- Excerpt: "Require photo ID when voting."
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Megan Suhr was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Greg T. Heartsill was unopposed in the Republican primary. Suhr will face Heartsill in the general election.
Heartsill ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 28. He defeated Len Gosselink in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated Megan Suhr (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 28, General Election, 2012|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 28 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Heartsill is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Heartsill raised a total of $73,635 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Greg Heartsill's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 28||$73,635|
|Grand Total Raised||$73,635|
2012Heartsill won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Heartsill raised a total of $73,635.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Greg Heartsill's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Republican Party||$20,831|
|Iowa Gun Owners||$3,000|
|Iowans for Tax Relief||$2,000|
|Springer, Dale C||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$73,635|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Heartsill and his wife, Angie, have nine children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Greg + Heartsill + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 28
- Iowa State Legislature
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- heartsillforiowa.com, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Heartsill, Greg T," accessed September 19, 2013
Patrick Murphy (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 28
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |