|Gregory R. Perry|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Texas State Senate, District 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Perry's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Gregory R. Perry will focus on developing and implementing a sound water plan. Water Legislation must be passed to carry Texan into the next century."
- Excerpt: "Texas is the second largest supplier of energy in the United States. Texas must develop an energy plan as we transition off of fossil fuel."
- Excerpt: "Gregory R. Perry is a candidate focused on funding our schools; streamlining testing to measure progress without distracting pupils and teachers from lessons which truly prepare young Texans to innovate, invent, evaluate and contribute in the world outside the classroom; providing an educated workforce and schools that will attract businesses to Texas; and giving all Texans greater opportunities to succeed and thrive in a dynamic economy."
Civil Rights — Human Rights
- Excerpt: "We must stop the erosion and obstruction of civil rights. Gregory R. Perry will vote against discriminatory partisan Voter ID Legislation."
Send Gregory R. Perry to Austin. He’ll work for you!
- Excerpt: "As your Texas Senator, I’ll spend the next four years expanding your and your children’s educational opportunities."
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 15 of the 31 seats in the Texas State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Kelly Hancock was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Greg Perry was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Hancock defeated Perry in the general election. Nicolas Wallace (L) was removed from the ballot before the election.
|Texas State Senate, District 9 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kelly Hancock Incumbent||65.1%||89,331|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gregory + Perry + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas State Senate
- Texas State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Greg Perry on Facebook
- Gregy Perry on Twitter
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- txsen9gregoryperrycampaign.com, "Issues," accessed August 14, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 26, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Senate Candidates List," accessed July 26, 2014