Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Tennessee, District 2|
|Date of birth||January 27, 1950|
|Place of birth||Lenoir City, TN|
According to Samples' website, his campaign themes included:
- Healthcare: "Government should insure a free, competitive market place where all Americans have access to the health care of their choice...allowing millions of people to take control of their own health with real prevention and cost effective solutions."
- Taxes: "In the long term, these spending acts are completely unsustainable."
- Foreign policy: "Nothing is more important to the safety of the people than a prudent foreign policy."
Samples was defeated by incumbent John J. Duncan, Jr.. Samples ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Tennessee's 2nd District. He ran as a Libertarian. He faced incumbent John J. Duncan, Jr. (R), Troy Goodale (D), and Brandon Stewart (I) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John J. Duncan, Jr. Incumbent||74.4%||196,894|
|Source: Tennessee Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Greg + Samples + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee's 2nd Congressional District
- Tennessee's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives