|U.S. House, California, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
is a 2014 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 1st Congressional District
Cheadle unsuccessfully sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 1st Congressional District of California in 2012.
Cheadle's campaign website lists the following issues:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Energy: "The United States has fallen prey to being a slave to foreign oil. There was a time many years ago when foreign oil was very inexpensive and those from whom we purchased it were not at that time blowing up themselves and others for "religious" reasons. Today we are well on our way to importing 75 percent of the oil we consume."
- Healthcare: "National healthcare is unsustainable in this country largely because we have become a nation void of discipline. This lack of discipline has left us as a nation filled with gluttons, alcoholics, drug addicts (legal and illegal), (smokers and drinkers), many of whom are uninsured and/or unable or unwilling to pay for any of the healthcare they receive. The diseases that are plaguing us as a nation are diseases of luxury and are largely self-induced."
- Illegal immigration: "Illegal immigration has become a curse to this country. Our jails and prisons are filled with illegal aliens, many of whom are gang members, at a cost of billions of dollars per year. Ironically, an illegal alien in prison has health and dental care that many American citizens do not have."
- ObamaCare: "The propaganda used to promote ObamaCare centered on convincing the masses that it was the answer to the high cost of medical care. As we are finding out, ObamaCare is more about government control of the masses than anything else. If ObamaCare was such a great idea why were politicians bribed in a manner and we've never seen in the history of our country?"
- Jobs and the Economy: "What we are experiencing in the economy, high unemployment, loss of jobs, decreased hiring, etc., can be directly related to burdens imposed by three things – taxes, unions, and regulation."
—Gregory Cheadle's campaign website, http://www.cheadleforcongress.com/Cheadle4CongressWIStand.html
- See also: California's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
Cheadle is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 1st District. Cheadle is seeking election as a Republican candidate in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
- See also: California's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
Cheadle ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 1st District. He was defeated in the open primary on June 5, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gregory + Cheadle + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Gregory Cheadle News Feed
- ↑ Around the Capitol, "Candidate List," accessed March 15, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 14, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012