|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 44|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Vice President, Venda Ravioli/Real estate developer|
Costantino's professional experience includes working as the vice president of operations for Venda Ravioli in Providence.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Costantino served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Municipal Government|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Gregory Costantino is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Philip Hirons, Jr. is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Costantino won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 44. Costantino defeated incumbent Peter Petrarca in the September 11 Democratic primary and defeated James Archer (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 44, General Election, 2012|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 44 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Peter Petrarca Incumbent||40%||692|
Constantino accused his opponent, incumbent Rep. Petrarca of voting in favor of legislation that supported his family's auto body business. He stated, "This climb in the cost of auto-body repairs neatly coincides with my opponent's term in office."
Constantino was an independent candidate for District 44 of the Rhode Island House of Representatives in the state's November 2, 2010, general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Gregory Costantino is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gregory Costantino raised a total of $38,181 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 2, 2013.
|Gregory Costantino's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 44||$38,181|
|Grand Total Raised||$38,181|
2012Gregory Costantino won re-election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Gregory Costantino raised a total of $38,181.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gregory Costantino's campaign in 2012|
|COSTANTINO, GREGORY J||$$35,951|
|Total Raised in 2012||$38,181|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators were scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators were scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
Costantino and his wife, Lisa, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Gregory + Costantino + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Gregory Costantino," accessed June 10, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- The Providence Journal, "R.I. Rep. Petrarca criticized for his support of auto-body industry," accessed August 20, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Costantino, Gregory," accessed August 2, 2013
Peter Petrarca (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 44
| Succeeded by|