Gregory Hughes (Nevada)
|Nevada State Senate, District 1|
|High school||Edison High School|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Years of service||24|
Hughes' professional experience includes serving 24 years in the U.S. Air Force.
In a submitted biography, Hughes describes his political philosophy:
Excerpt:"I am concerned with the budget deficit, with Nevada’s education, and with increasing taxes. I don’t want my grandchildren and great grandchildren hopelessly in debt because my generation let the government spend recklessly. I don’t want to leave them uneducated because my generation didn’t improve our educational system and I certainly don’t want to see our people leave or businesses leave due to high taxes.I also want to reduce taxes on ordinary citizens in order to stimulate the economy, reduce the size of government and balance the budget in order to eliminate wasteful and foolish spending, and uphold the Constitution to protect our property and liberty."
He adds, "Using the talents and skills I learned during my successful 24 years in the Air Force, I will work hard as your state senator. I am a problem solver, a visionary, a long range planner and goal setter, and a budgetary realist. My goal is to keep you aware of what is happening in our district and in Nevada. I want to listen to you, my constituents, and discuss problems and solutions for the problems we face in Nevada."
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
Hughes ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Senate, District 1. Hughes ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and was defeated by Patricia Spearman in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Senate, District 1, General Election, 2012|
|Independent American||Gregory Hughes||31.3%||13,221|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gregory + Hughes + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia staff via email, 4/13/2012
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014