|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Oregon city websites
Last rated on August 11, 2012.
- Budgets are posted.
- Meeting schedule, minutes, agendas, and videos are posted.
- Elected Officials
- City council members are listed with contact information.
- Administrative Officials
- Contact information is available for administrative officials.
- Building Permits and Zoning
- Audits are available through the search function.
- Public Records
- Information and request form available for public records.
- Local Taxes
- Property tax information is available.
- Audits could not be found without using search function.
- Vendor contracts are not available.
- No information regarding lobbying.
The 2012-2013 total budget is $343,315,779, or 0.6% less than the previous year's budget.
The Gresham City Council is made up of 6 members representing individual districts for staggered four year terms. The current mayor is Shane Bemis.
Under the city's council-manager form of government, the city council and the mayor select a city manager to oversee the day to day operation of the city. The current city manager is Erik Kvarsten.
See also: Oregon public employee salaries
The Gresham website posts salary schedules here.
See also: Oregon public pensions
See also: Oregon government sector lobbying
According to OpenSecrets.org, the city of Gresham has spent $540,000 on lobbying since 2005.
|Year||Amount Spent on Lobbying|
Transparency & public records
Information and request form available for public records on the Gresham website.
The property tax rate is $3.61 per $1,000 of assessed value, but only 25% actually goes to the city.