|Transparency grading process|
The city of Gretna is the parish seat of Jefferson Parish, in the US state of Louisiana. Gretna is on the west bank of the Mississippi River, just east and across the river from uptown New Orleans. It is part of the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan area. The population was 17,423 at the 2000 census.
Evaluating the city's website
- City council members are listed with email addresses.
- Council meeting minutes and agendas are available dating back to 2006.
- Includes a "constituent request system" page, allowing residents "to maintain an open dialogue with their community government."
- Information on how to make a public records requestis posted.
- Budget information is posted for 2007-08, along with the 2006 financial audit.
- Public meetings are posted.
- Basic building permit info provided..
- Administrative officials are not listed.
- Zoning information not provided.
- City contracts are not online.
- No information is available on lobbying.
- Local tax information is not provided.