Gull Lake School District Bond Measure (May 2012)
This measure was approved
- YES 1,142
- NO 814
This measure sought to issue a bond in the amount of $7.29 million which would go towards upgrading technology in the district as well as pay for building improvements as needed. A levy of .32 mills will also be enacted, but since a previous bond will be repaid this really is just an extension of the current tax rate paid by residents. Projects proposed for the bond money included street improvements around the schools, upgrading technology throughout the district and making basic infrastructure improvements as needed. The school district had hosted informational meetings to help inform residents about the bond and the needs of the school.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Shall Gull Lake Community Schools, Kalamazoo, Barry and Calhoun Counties, Michigan, borrow the sum of not to exceed Seven Million Two Hundred Ninety Thousand Dollars ($7,290,000) and issue, in one or more series, its general obligation unlimited tax bonds therefore, for the purpose of:acquiring, installing, and equipping educational technology for school facilities; partially remodeling, furnishing and refurnishing, equipping and re-equipping school facilities, in part, for educational technology improvements; erecting, furnishing and equipping a multi-purpose room addition to Richland Elementary School; and developing and improving sites?|
- The Kalamazoo Gazette, "May 8 election: Voters to decide on $7 million technology bond for Gull Lake Community Schools," May 5, 2012
- The Kalamazoo Gazette, "From the comments: Locals weigh in on Gull Lake Schools proposed technology bond," January 18, 2012
- Battle Creek Enquirer, "School election results: Galesburg-Augusta school bonds fail, Gull Lake passes," May 8, 2012
- The Kalamazoo Gazette, "Gull Lake Schools moving forward with $7 million technology bond issue for ballot," January 18, 2012
- The Kalamazoo Gazette, "Gull Lake Schools agrees to ask voters for $7 million bond," January 26, 2012
- Calhoun County Elections, May Ballot Language
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.