H. Marlene O'Toole
|H. Marlene O'Toole|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 33|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Birthday||February 18, 1945|
|Place of birth||Somerville, Massachusetts|
|Profession||Retired IBM Executive|
Now retired, O'Toole's professional experience includes working as a Project Director of Take Stock in Children and an executive at IBM.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, O'Toole served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, O'Toole served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education, Vice-chair|
|• Collective Bargaining|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, O'Toole served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• State Universities & Private Colleges Policy|
|• State Universities & Private Colleges Appropriations|
|• Civil Justice & Courts Policy|
O'Toole did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
O'Toole's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 503 - "Police Technology Fee: Requires specified fee to be imposed in addition to other costs or fees for conviction of specified offenses involving controlled substance possession or driving or boating under the influence; provides for deposit of funds."
- HB 573 - "Health Facilities: Redefines term "health facility" to include not-for-profit corporations providing assisted living services, hospice services, or certain independent living services."
- HB 863 - "Tax on Property Rental Fees and Tax on Admissions: Abrogates repeal of tax exemption on rental or license fees provided for property rented, leased, or licensed by convention or exhibition hall, auditorium, stadium, theater, arena, civic center, performing arts center, or publicly owned recreational facility"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House website
O'Toole won election in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 33. O'Toole ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
O'Toole ran for re-election to the 42nd District seat in 2010. She did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. O'Toole defeated Jeff Shoobridge (NPA) in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 42 |
2010 General election results
|H. Marlene O'Toole (R)||61,232||76.12%|
|Jeff Shoobridge (NPA)||19,213||23.88%|
On November 4, 2008, O'Toole won election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 42nd District, defeating Betty Cunningham (write-in) and Jeremy Grondahl (write-in). O'Toole received 84,154 votes in the election while Cunningham received 157 votes, and Grondahl received 23 votes. O'Toole raised $148,409 for her campaign.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 42|
|H. Marlene O'Toole (R)||84,154||99.8%|
|Betty Cunningham (write-in)||157||0.2%|
|Jeremy Grondahl (write-in)||23||0.0%|
Comprehensive donor information for O'Toole is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, O'Toole raised a total of $273,985 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 28, 2013.
|H. Marlene O'Toole's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Florida State House, District 33||$55,990|
|2010||Florida State House, District 42||$69,586|
|2008||Florida State House, District 42||$148,409|
|Grand Total Raised||$273,985|
2012O'Toole won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, O'Toole raised a total of $55,990.
|Florida House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to H. Marlene O'Toole's campaign in 2012|
|Associated Industries of Florida||$1,500|
|Florida Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|Fpic Insurance Group||$1,000|
|Morse, H Gary||$1,000|
|The Doctors Co||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$55,990|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010O'Toole won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, O'Toole raised a total of $69,586.
|Florida House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to H. Marlene O'Toole's campaign in 2010|
|Florida Chamber of Commerce||$2,000|
|Florida Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Preferred Care Partners||$1,000|
|Beer District Cmte for Good Government||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$69,586|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008O'Toole won election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2008. During that election cycle, O'Toole raised a total of $148,409.
|Florida House of Representatives 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to H. Marlene O'Toole's campaign in 2008|
|Florida Institute of Cpas||$5,000|
|Florida Home Builders Association||$2,000|
|Florida Chamber of Commerce||$1,500|
|Florida on the Move||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2008||$148,409|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Marlene + O'Toole + Florida + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House Panel Looks To Boost Quality Of Early Childhood Education - WFSU
- Finding alternative water sources before it is too late - Daily Commercial
- Rick Scott Proposes Record Education Spending - Sunshine State News
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2008
- Marlene O'Toole on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. O'Toole Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. O'Toole Issue Positions
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division "Candidate List" Accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- Florida House official election results for 2008
- District 42 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- followthemoney.org, "O'Toole, H. Marlene," accessed May 28, 2013
Jason Brodeur (R)
|Florida House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
|Florida House of Representatives District 42
| Succeeded by|
Mike LaRosa (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |