|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 30|
|January 1, 2013-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||West Virginia University|
|J.D.||University of Baltimore School of Law|
|Service/branch||U.S. Marine Corps Reserves|
|Years of service||1981-2012|
English earned his B.S. from West Virginia University in 1984 and his J.D. from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1987.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, English served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Aging & Older Adult Services|
|• Game & Fisheries|
|• Tourism & Recreational Development|
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Hal English was unopposed in the Republican primary. English is unchallenged in the general election.
English ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 30. English replaced incumbent Randy Vulakovich on the ballot where he defeated David Tusick (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 30, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Hal English is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hal English raised a total of $31,733 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 11, 2013.
|Hal English's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 30||$31,733|
|Grand Total Raised||$31,733|
2012Hal English won election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hal English raised a total of $31,733.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Hal English's campaign in 2012|
|Pennsylvania Republican Party||$24,502|
|Mike Turzai Leadership Fund||$3,197|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte of Pennsylvania||$684|
|Butch, Mary & Billy||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$31,733|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Liberty City LGBT Democratic Club: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their support for legislation related to LGBT equality.
- Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates: Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on bills related to reproductive freedom and family planning.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Hal + English + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- PoliticsPA, "8/20 Morning Buzz," accessed August 20, 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," April 15, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "English, Hal," accessed September 11, 2013
Randy Vulakovich (R)
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 30
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |