|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 58|
Nottingham's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Michigan’s Marriage Amendment
- Excerpt: "I stand on the foundation upon which the constitution was laid. It clearly defines marriage as being between a man and a woman."
- Excerpt: "I know state roads get more traffic from semi-trailers, but I do not believe that should constitute such a disparity in how the funds have been divided. I have only done a rudimentary study on the subject, but my opinion is that the percentages need to be changed to be more in line with the amount of mileage that each unit is responsible for."
The right to bear arms
- Excerpt: "I don’t believe that the framers of those words only meant to allow for simple weapons ( muzzle loaders ), but equivalent weapons to be a formidable foe to anyone that would pose a threat to their family, property or community."
Education & the Common Core
- Excerpt: "I would like to see Common Core repealed in Michigan."
Michigan Fair Tax
- Excerpt: "During the HCRW Forum, someone asked what our position was on the proposal for the Fair Tax. That evening I was unprepared to answer the question. Based on some research since then, I believe it is worth considering for our state."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Amaryllis Thomas was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Seven challengers ran in the Republican primary; Eric Leutheuser came in first, with Tim Haberl following. Leutheuser defeated Thomas in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 58 General Election, 2014|
In 2014, Nottingham's endorsements included:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Hal + Nottingham + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 58
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Hal Nottingham on Facebook
- Hal Nottingham on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- hal4staterep.org, "Issues," accessed July 30, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |