Hamilton County, Florida
Hamilton County's estimated population as of 2009 was 14,592.
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
- The county board's home has a space for agendas and minutes, but as of Feb, 6, 2012, the space is empty.
- County commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Building permits are available, as well as land development regulations.
- Local tax information is provided.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
- There is no information on the budget, audits, and contracts.
In late 2008 reporters organized by the Florida Society of Newspaper Editors requested the most recent budget emails from central Florida county officials in order to audit the responses.
In Hamilton County, the requestor was told that his request must be directed to County Sheriff Harrell Reid. Reid informed the requestor that the request must be made in writing, which the law does not require. He also said that the records being sought did not exist.
- Official Hamilton County Website
- Hamilton County Tax Collector
- Hamilton County Sheriff
- Hamilton County Free Public Records Directory
- Hamilton County on Epodunk
- Hamilton County on E-Reference