Hamilton County, Indiana
- Main article: Evaluation of Indiana county websites
This website was reviewed on 12 December 2012.
- Elected officials
- Elected officials are listed with names and email addresses. Office address is listed 
- Administrative Officials
- Names, email addresses, and phone numbers are available for some administrative officials 
- Building Permits and Zoning
- Audits are published and archived for three years 
- Bids and RFPs are available 
- Public Records
- Budgets are not posted or archived for three years
- Elected officials
- Only a general number is listed for elected officials.
- Contracts over $10,000 do not appear to be posted
- Does not disclose membership in government sector lobbying organizations
- Does not disclose money spent on lobbying efforts.
- Public Records
- Records policy is not posted
- Full contact information for the clerk is not available
- Not all building permits are downloadable on the site.
County board of commissioners
The three commissioners are elected each four years on a staggered basis. Districts must be redrawn each 10 years. 2011 commissioners are Christine Altman, Steven C. Dillinger, and Steven A. Holt.
Retirement benefits costs
The county's other post-employment benefits (OPEBs) are 0% funded. The unfunded actuarial accrued liability for the OPEBs is $19,327,896, or 52% of payroll.
The Public Employees Retirement Fund (PERF) is 65% funded and has unfunded liabilities of 12,001,149.
The base county property tax rate is 0.27690.
Hamilton County received $214,753 in CDBG funds through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Other ARRA funds to the county total approximately $6.5 million.
Indiana Transparency Portal
The Indiana State Auditor has launched an Indiana Transparency Portal (ITP), containing budget and financial information for local governments. The interactive report-builder page offers a range of information. Users can find financial data for a county, municipality or other unit of government.>Indiana Gateway for Government Unites "Report Builder," Accessed November 28, 2011</ref>
The ITP currently has data only for 2012. Because Hamilton County has not posted its 2012 budget online, it is not possible to compare the two. According to the ITP, Hamilton's 2012 budgeted expenditures are $113,767,540 and its revenues are $103,265,877.
- Hamilton County official website
- Hamilton County Health Department
- Hamilton County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Hamilton County Courts
- Hamilton County on Epodunk
- Hamilton County Stats
- ↑ U.S. Census Bureau "Quick Facts," Accessed November 13, 2011
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Council Meeting Information" Accessed 12 December 2012
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Document Search Council Agendas" 12 December 2012
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Document Search, Commissioner agendas and minutes" 12 December 2012
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Meet the City Council" Accessed 12 December 2012
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Government" Accessed 12 December 2012
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Zoning" Accessed 12 December 2012
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Commercial Permits" Accessed 12 December 2012
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports" Accessed 12 December 2012
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Document Search; Bids and RFPS" Accessed 12 December 2012
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Clerk's Office" Accessed 12 December 2012
- ↑ Hamilton County, Indiana "Taxes" Accessed 12 December 2012
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Official Hamilton County website "2010 CAFR," Accessed November 13, 2011
- ↑ Official Hamilton County website "Recovery Act Projects Summary," Accessed November 13, 2011