Hampton is an independent city located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is considered a county-equivalent.
- Main article: Evaluation of Virginia county websites
- Current budget is published.
- Meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes are provided.
- Council members are listed with contact information.
- Includes full text of the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, but not how to actually make a request under the law in Hampton.
- Building permits and zoning ordinance available.
- Local tax information provided.
- Administrative officials are listed under respective departments.
- Annual financial audits are available.
- Bids are posted, but current contracts are not online.
- Main article: Virginia government sector lobbying
Hampton pays for services of the lobbying firm Alcade & Fay.