Hampton 2, South Carolina
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of South Carolina school district websites
- Check register is posted online, but is not up-to-date.
- There is a page for budget information, but it is blank.
- Does not include information on taxes, administrative officials, contracts, audits, academic performance, and background checks.
- There is no information on how to request public records.
A five-member board of school commissioners governs Hampton County School District 2. Board members are elected to four year terms, in nonpartisan elections. All five are elected at large.
|Daisy Orr||Vice Chairperson|
2010 salary schedules are posted and range from $30,969 for certain first year teachers and $65,911 for certain 22 year veteran teachers.
On April 1, 2009, the South Carolina Legislature passed H3352 which requires school districts in the state to post a check register and credit card statement online. All school districts are required to post monthly statements beginning June 30, 2010.
As of December 23, 2010, reports are only posted through August 2010. Therefore, the district does not comply with the law.
PASS (Palmetto Assessment of State Standards)
Federal law requires students in grades 3-8 to take a state test based on state academic standards.
The table below shows the percentage of students in the Hampton 2 School District who met or exceeded the state standard in 2010 and 2009.
|PASS||Writing 2010||Writing 2009||English 2010||English 2009||Math 2010||Math 2009||Science 2010||Science 2009||Social Studies 2010||Social Studies 2009|
The Hampton County School District 2 Title I allocation for 2009-2010 is $881,303. This funding supports schoolwide programs at Estill Elementary and Estill Middle Schools. Among the services provided are:
- Reduced class sizes
- Computer-assisted instruction
- Benchmark Testing
- Parent Coordinators
- Mental health services
- Supplement resources in reading, mathematics, science, and social studies
- Staff development for teachers and assistants
- Library resources
- Supplemental educational services
- Curriculum support personnel
- Hampton 2 School District Official Website
- Education.com - Hampton 2 school district
- School Tree - district profile
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |